Distance education has been growing at an extraordinary speed and the way to train teams needs to keep up with these changes. LMS Platforms became popular to facilitate the delivery of content in new formats. It allows management of different content and offers a formal study environment for students. Online training platforms, among them the LMS Platform became popular, precisely because it allows the administration of different contents and has a formal study environment for students.
What is a LMS Platform
The acronym LMS means “Learning Management System”This type of platform makes it possible to create a virtual environment to monitor the student's development. It also manages the training content according to the needs of each company.
In Brazil, the LMS platform was also known as:
- Virtual Learning Environment;
- Distance Learning Platform.
LMS platforms are used by several companies that have a defined training routine precisely because they allow the interaction of different groups of students within the platform. It promotes engagement offering training completion certificates, as well as with frequency control of students.
Why to hire an LMS Platform
The main benefit of hiring an LMS Platform is the ease of managing training content for different audiences in the same virtual environment. But in addition to this feature, there are other reasons that justify the hiring of an LMS platform and we have listed the main ones here:
5 Advantages of the LMS Platform
- Managing who can have access to access different content;
- Allows to monitor the performance of each student and each class;
- Some platforms already make it possible the use of pre-recorded content in addition to traditional online meetings and file downloads;
- The LMS Platform is accessed by the internet browser, sending students to a formal study environment;
- Easy to issue certificates and follow the learning path of each student.
3 Examples of a LMS Platform
Twygo: Provides automatic issuance of certificates and has practically all the features of a robust platform, being indicated for companies that need to train both teams, partners and customers without a high cost.
- LMS Estúdio: A complete platform that facilitates the organic ranking of the page on Google. It is for companies that focus on marketing their courses. This platform is also quite complete and offers the possibility of working with content in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- EngadED: Platform that makes the process of hiring courses intuitive, through gamification that facilitates sales conversion of your training.
- Moodle: One of the most popular, it provides the possibility for users to manage courses and training for small and large groups free of charge.
Low student engagement in the proposed content is one of the biggest problems of the LMS Platform, since the teaching methodology applied on the platform is equivalent to the traditional training and the virtual environment in desktop format is formal and routine. In order to solve this complication, they were forced to make their screens gamified, in order to facilitate the access of students and teachers to the information and tools available.
Another problem if the complexity, because it has numerous features on its control panel, thus increasing need to hire more people to manage the platform.
Alternatives to the LMS Platform
The LMS Platform has features that are not easily replaced such as the application of formal tests, however there are other options to provide engaging content that will effectively impact students, and Gamification Platform is one of them.
Created to make the study environment relaxed, fun and engaging, this type of platform emerged as an alternative to traditional training and traditional platforms. After so many changes in the organization of our society and in the ease of access to information, started to show little result - despite the amount of administrative resources.
So, before deciding whether LMS Platforms are the right choice, make a list of requirements, make sure that students are engaged with the content and specify success metrics.